SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BUSINESSES THIS CHRISTMAS
You can make a difference this year, purchase your Christmas gifts from one of our town centre businesses. Before the end of lockdown, remember you can use click and collect services, order on social media/websites or purchase gift cards.
Colchester town centre has been transformed into the most magical place to be, ready for reopening and for families to come and enjoy.
Making Colchester magical with lights
- Explore the new lights from Colchester Borough Council around the town centre
- See the new festive, magical light on Crouch Street, Eld Lane and St John canopy installed by Our Colchester BID.
Send your Christmas wish list to Santa
Download one of our postcard by clicking here. Once you have written your wish list, save it (or take a picture) and send it back to us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
From the 3rd December, our postboxes will be open in the town centre so you can post the letter to Santa yourself. The locations of the postboxes are:
- Portal Precinct, The Santa's Postbox
- Culver Square, Elves Workshop
Win your wish list
As a special Christmas gift from us, Santa will be purchasing 15 gifts for a few lucky little ones across Colchester. Make sure you send your wish list before Wednesday 16th December.
What's to come this December
As we edge closer to the Christmas season, Colchester is ready and full of festive joy! When the town centre reopens (on 2rd December) it will be filled with magical experiences for you all to enjoy!
EVENTS AND EXPERIENCES:
Lion Walk Winter Garden
- Festive lighting
- Drinks terrace with food and drink for all
- Santa's Grotto
Culver Square's Magical Christmas Castle
- The all-new Christmas Castle surrounded by festive lighting and fun
Interactive Christmas Window - Sir Isaacs Walk
- Join in the festive fun with silly face filters at our Christmas window display. Stand on the marked spot, wait and see what happens!
- The first-ever Ice Rink on the lawn
- Traders will be throughout the town centre for festive gifts and produce. Plus, extended late night shopping hours on Wednesdays, until 9pm. Shop Safely. Shop Local
SANTA IS COMING TO COLCHESTER:
Santa’s Grotto in Fenwick - Saturday 14th December - Thursday 24th December
Visit Santa at the Castle - Wednesday 9th December - Wednesday 23rd December
ELF AND SAFETY:
Staying safe during your Christmas shopping trip is one of the most important things to us so our team are here to help! Keep your distance, wear your mask and queue safely to make sure everyone has a safe enjoyable trip to Colchester town centre.
We have partnered with Mercury Theatre to have "Elf and Safety" walking entertainment across the town on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, bringing some festive fun to your trip.
LATE NIGHT SHOPPING, EVERY WEDNESDAY IN DECEMBER:
This year, late night shopping will be a quieter time to shop. We will be offering a concierge service to help with questions and support you may need when visiting Colchester town centre.
Free parking from 3pm in Colchester Council car parks when using the MiPermit app.
FREE GIFT WRAPPING
This year, we can help with your Christmas wrapping. Simply bring your presents that have been purchased in the town centre to our tent and leave them with us to be beautifully wrapped. Our gift wrapping tent will be located on Culver Street West every and will be COVID secure.
Wednesdays - Late Night Shopping
Saturdays - Daytime