Into Reopening info
From Monday 15th June, many non-essential businesses reopening across Colchester town centre. Our Colchester BID, Colchester Borough Council, Culver Square Shopping Centre, Lion Walk Shopping Centre and Colchester Market have been working together to ensure the town is as safe as possible for those visiting the town.
From 4th July, restaurants, bars and cafes have reopened across the town centre. Check out our directory to find your favourite places to shop, eat, drink and stay!
WATCH our #WelcomeBackColchester video
When visiting the town:
WHEN VISITING THE TOWN:
- Please keep your distance as best as you can. Lots of floor markings have been put in place across the town to help you.
- Wash your hands as often as you can. Lots of hand sanitiser stations have been placed around the town, in car parks and at bus stops.
- Many businesses have places queuing guidelines on the floor outside their business. If you see these, please try and stick to them. If you see an end of queue sticker, please return later.
- We are all in this together. Respecting staff or other shoppers is so important to make sure everyone has a safe, enjoyable trip to Colchester.
- Please wear a face mask, if applicable, when entering shops and takeaway food venues across the town centre.
Love it with love: Lock in your love for the NHS and key workers by adding a lock to our "lock bridge style" letters - Launched Friday 24th July
Monsters Safari: Find the 10 monsters hiding around the town centre, it's fun for all the family - Launch on the 4th July
More Information About Face Coverings
Click here for more information. Face coverings must be worn in all retail businesses.
A face covering should:
- cover your nose and mouth while allowing you to breathe comfortably
- fit comfortably but securely against the side of the face
- be secured to the head with ties or ear loops
- be made of a material that you find to be comfortable and breathable, such as cotton
- ideally include at least two layers of fabric (the World Health Organisation recommends three depending on the fabric used)
- unless disposable, it should be able to be washed with other items of laundry according to fabric washing instructions and dried without causing the face covering to be damaged
When wearing a face covering you should:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
- avoid wearing on your neck or forehead
- avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- change the face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
When removing a face covering:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
- only handle the straps, ties or clips
- do not share with someone else to use
- if single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
- if reusable, wash it in line with manufacturer’s instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed
Download our reopening booklet!
This booklet includes all the information you need to know when visiting Colchester. Click here to download